My website at the moment is kind of a place-holder. For those interested, it doesn’t look like much but it shows knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Bootstrap – a web framework and PHP, a server-side scripting language (meaning it doesn’t do things in the browser, it does things on the server and goes through the internet to spit things onto your browser). Unfortunately, it only shows this stuff if you know where and how to look for it.
I’m not really happy with it right now. Design-wise it’s not as bad as what I had before but it needs a lot of work.
So here’s the to-do list (last night I wire-framed it):
1) I’m going to make the landing page have a transition like this…
Hmm.. Or at least I though I was – using the bottom as a menu page instead of slide-show. But it might be cooler to have my acting page do that… and use it as a slide show…
2) Use an animated background. I might experiment with a loop of the skyline, if I can figure out how to get a free video online or make it myself.
3) Use paralax scrolling for an about page that goes through my life. A little self-indulgent but I’m really doing it to show off the tech..
4) Figure out a blog page, or whether I should just stuff them onto a different page.
5) Have a helper button that shows, when clicked, all the tech on the page (per bootstrap js)
6) Bootstrap the contact page.
7) Fix the background, redo it so it animates
8) Make the page more consistent with other webdevers’ pages – show skills etc.
This is not in order. I think the last one is one of the first things I should do… this is a lot but do-able…